Welcome to San Juan County’s application process! It is our hope you find the procedure to be easily accessible. The content and thoroughness of the employment application is considered an important part of the recruitment process. Whether or not you proceed through the process may be dependent upon the quality of the application itself.
A separate application must be completed for each position for which you are applying. Your application can be saved, and used to apply for more than one job opening, or for future job openings. Online applications are stored on a secure site, and only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
San Juan County conducts a background criminal check and driving history check for all candidates recommended for hire. Individuals who have been convicted of a DUI/DWI within the last three years are ineligible for hire. The results of criminal history checks may disqualify a candidate from further consideration.
Tips for optimizing your opportunity for employment with San Juan County….
- In the “Work Experience” section of the application form, please list all jobs held during the past seven years starting with your present or more recent experience. Please be as specific as you can, and include the employers’ name, address and phone number. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completing the Work Experience section.
- Carefully review the minimum qualifications, skills and abilities, preferences (if listed). Responses to the supplemental questions will be used in the selection process. Clarity of expression, grammar, spelling and the ability to follow instructions will be considered in evaluating your response.
- On the first page of the application you will notice the comment that “references are not required” for the position for which you are applying. Please ignore this comment. Three references are required in the “Agency Wide Questions” portion of the application. Please provide the names and current contact information for three professional or personal references who are not relatives.
- For technical assistance concerning the completion of the application, please click on “The Online Employment Application Guide” icon which is located on the job description page of the position for which you are applying.
- Please make a note of your user name and password. The County does not keep records of this confidential information. If you return to the system at a later time and do not remember your user name and password, you will be required to enter your information again.
Thanks again for your interest in employment with San Juan County. We wish you the best of luck with your job search. Comments and concerns regarding our application process are encouraged; Just contact the Human Resources Department at 505-334-4522.Click here for current openings