Frequently Asked Questions

When is visitation?
Visitation is on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday by appointment only! Phone (505)566-4550

Can children visit a detainee?
Yes.  On Saturdays, 1 adult with up to 4 children can visit (by appointment only).  All children must be accompanied by an adult. 

How does a detainee “bond out” of jail?
Contact any local bonding agency.  CASH ONLY bonds, contact the facility.

How do I put money on a detainee’s account?
Direct all questions regarding Commissary to (505) 566-4518.

  1. POSTAL MONEY ORDERS accepted Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the Commissary window.
  2. The Kiosk located in the Lobby accepts cash, credit or debit cards from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday.
  3. Funds (money only!) can also be placed in a detainee account by phone or online:
    Phone: 1.866.232.1899    Online:
  4. To place Commissary Order:
    Phone: 1.877.615.3296

You will need the following information to utilize the phone or online option:

  • FACILITY: San Juan County Adult Detention Center
                       871 Andrea Drive, Farmington, NM
  • SITE: #287401

What if I do not want to accept calls from a detainee?
All concerns regarding inmate phones (billing questions, blocking/unblocking) should be directed to the Contract Provider at 1.800.844.6591

When can I drop off property for a detainee?
Property is accepted from 8:00 a.m to 10:00 p.m, Monday through Friday by the security receptionist.  You must be 18 years of age and present a valid government-issued photo I.D. to leave the property.  Please see “Detainee Property Instructions” for a complete list of acceptable items.

How do I address a letter to a detainee?
Send mail directly to the DETAINEE at 871 Andrea Drive, Farmington, NM  87401:

  • Senders FULL NAMEand COMPLETE ADDRESS must be on the envelope
  • Detainee’s FIRST AND LAST NAME must be on the envelope

ADC Envelope

  • Only plain white paper and plain white envelopes are accepted.
  • Postage stamps must be purchased through commissary
  • Only LEGAL mail will be accepted by the security receptionist
  • All other mail must be sent via US Postal Service

How can I find a court date and court information? 
This information is provided by the courts, depending on which branch of the court system is handling the case.

How can a detainee be notified of a family emergency?
Call 505-566-4500 and ask for the Lieutenant on duty.

Can I drop off a bible or other religious material for a detainee?
No.  All religious books must be requested by the detainee via the chaplain coordinators.

What if I have a medical question regarding a detainee?
All detainee medical information is confidential and protected under HIIPA. Contract
Medical Services Provider:  505.566.4545

San Juan County Adult Detention Center
(505) 566-4500 
871 Andrea Dr, Farmington, NM 87401
Lobby Hours: 7:00 am- 10:00 pm, Monday-Friday

IMG 0080THavelWeb

Tom Havel
Deputy Warden
IMG 2109DWebbWeb
Daniel Webb