When is visitation?
Visitation is on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday by appointment only! Phone (505)566-4550
Can children visit a detainee?
Yes. On Saturdays, 1 adult with up to 4 children can visit (by appointment only). All children must be accompanied by an adult.
How does a detainee “bond out” of jail?
Contact any local bonding agency. CASH ONLY bonds, contact the facility.
How do I put money on a detainee’s account?
Direct all questions regarding Commissary to (505) 566-4518.
- POSTAL MONEY ORDERS accepted Monday - Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Commissary window.
- The Kiosk located in the Lobby accepts cash, credit or debit cards 24 hours per day.
- Funds (money only!) can also be placed in a detainee account by phone or online:
Phone: 1.866.232.1899 Online: www.TouchPayDirect.com
- To place Commissary Order: shop.iCaregifts.com
You will need the following information to utilize the phone or online option:
- DETAINEE FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, and CHJ NUMBER
- FACILITY: San Juan County Adult Detention Center
871 Andrea Drive, Farmington, NM
- SITE: #287401
What if I do not want to accept calls from a detainee?
All concerns regarding inmate phones (billing questions, blocking/unblocking) should be directed to the Contract Provider at 1.800.844.6591
When can I drop off property for a detainee?
Property is accepted 24 hours per day 7 days a week by the security receptionist. You must be 18 years of age and present a valid government-issued photo I.D. to leave the property. Please see “Detainee Property Instructions” for a complete list of acceptable items.
How do I address a letter to a detainee?
Send mail directly to the DETAINEE at 871 Andrea Drive, Farmington, NM 87401:
- Senders FULL NAMEand COMPLETE ADDRESS must be on the envelope
- Detainee’s FIRST AND LAST NAME must be on the envelope
- Only plain white paper and plain white envelopes are accepted.
- Postage stamps must be purchased through commissary
- Only LEGAL mail will be accepted by the security receptionist
- All other mail must be sent via US Postal Service
How can I find a court date and court information?
This information is provided by the courts, depending on which branch of the court system is handling the case.
How can a detainee be notified of a family emergency?
Call 505-566-4500 and ask for the Lieutenant on duty.
Can I drop off a bible or other religious material for a detainee?
No. All religious books must be requested by the detainee via the chaplain coordinators.
What if I have a medical question regarding a detainee?
All detainee medical information is confidential and protected under HIIPA. Contract
Medical Services Provider: 505.566.4545