When is visitation?
Visitation is on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday by appointment only. Call (505)566-4550 and leave a message Monday thru Friday, 2:00pm to 9:50pm and we will return your call.
Can children visit an inmate?
On Saturdays 1 adult with up to 4 children can visit. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Call (505)566-4550 to schedule a visit.
How does an inmate “bond out” of jail?
Contact any local bonding agency. For CASH ONLY bonds, contact the facility.
How do I put money on an inmate’s account?
- Summit Food Service is the Commissary provider for the Adult Detention Center. Commissary questions should be directed to (505) 566-4518.
- Postal Money Orders accepted Monday - Friday from 6:00am to 6:00pm at the Commissary window. No other types of money orders, personal checks, payroll checks or cash will be accepted.
- Kiosk in the lobby accepts cash, credit and debit cards 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Summit provides a website as well as a toll free number to place money on an inmate's account using a credit or debit card. Please follow the procedure listed on the website and have the inmate's ID number. Select San Juan County, NM as the location.
You will need the following information to utilize online commissary services:
- FACILITY: San Juan County Adult Detention Center, 871 Andrea Dr., Farmington, Nm
- INMATE'S FIRST and LAST NAME
- INMATE'S CHJ NUMBER
- YOUR BILLING ADDRESS AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Can I bring an inmate’s medication?
All inmate medical information is confidential and protected under HIPPA. Correct Care Solutions is the medical services provider for the Adult Detention Facility. Contact The Health Service Administrator: 505.566.5503 Medical questions may be directed to 505.566.4545.
What if I do not want to accept collect calls from an inmate in jail?
All concerns regarding inmate phones should be directed to CORRECTIONAL BILLING by calling 1.866.533.3959.
When can I drop off property for an inmate?
Property is accepted 24 hours per day 7 days a week by the security receptionist. You must be 18 years of age with a valid government issued photo I.D. to leave property. Please see Inmate Property Instructions for complete list of acceptable items.
Can inmates receive mail?
Incoming mail must be sent via US Postal Service and addressed as follows:
- Senders FULL NAME and COMPLETE ADDRESS
- Inmate’s FIRST AND LAST NAME
871 Andrea Dr.
Farmington, NM 87401
- Only plain white paper and plain white envelopes are accepted.
- Postage stamps must be purchased through commissary
- Only legal mail will be accepted by the security receptionist.
- All other mail must be sent via US Postal Service.
How can I find out about a court date or other court information?
This information comes from the courts - depending on which branch of the court system is handling the case. Below are some useful links:
www.courtrecord.net contains links for most local courts (no link for Bloomfield Municipal or Farmington Magistrate).
https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov for the public to look up Magistrate and District cases.
How can I notify and inmate about a family emergency?
In the case of a family emergency, you can contact; 505-566-4500 and ask for the Lieutenant on duty.
Can I drop off a bible or other religious material for an inmate?
All religious books muct be requested by the inmate by contacting the chaplain coordinator.
(see visitation information)