The Rural Addressing Division issues all physical addresses in the unincorporated areas of San Juan County excluding the Navajo Nation Reservation areas. Our jurisdiction includes approximately 2800 square miles. Rural Addressing is one of the primary GIS users and drafting departments in the county.
- We assign, post and GPS all addresses for emergency services and map all structures, roads, driveways, cell towers and landmarks within our jurisdiction
- Maintain the Master Address Database/Mapping and Maintenance Application (MADMAMA)
- Notify all county departments, Post Offices, delivery services, utility systems and trash companies of address changes and new roads
- Issue all Road Numbers except Highway designations
- Research land ownership and draft divisions of land for inclusion in addressing maps
- Create and maintain the Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) for the PSAP, Emergency Services and the Telephone Companies.
- Research and correct errors produced by the 911 system and telephone companies
- Provide accurate GIS data sets for the use of other departments such as the Communications Center (PSAP),clerks, assessors etc….
- Upload street centerline files to the state each month for the four addressing authorities within San Juan County; Aztec, Bloomfield, Farmington and SJC
- Maintain and edit all field data collected and produce accurate GIS datasets for incorporation into the various projects and datasets county wide
- Provide custom mapping for private citizens, businesses and government departments; produce and provide general maps and mapping services for the public
- Coordinate with county, city and state departments to ensure all regulations are met with each address issued and all required permits obtained; Public works, DOT, New Mexico Environment Department, Flood Plain, Building permits etc.,
- Coordinate with Census Bureau on Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA)
- Utilize all databases, tools and software available to us to create an ever increasing accuracy within the addressing system
- Provide prompt and courteous public service both in the office and the field