209 S. Oliver Aztec, NM 87410
Serving a Stronger Community
The San Juan County Fire Department provides fire prevention, suppression, rescue and basic emergency medical services to the citizens and visitors of San Juan County. SJCFD is a professional emergency services organization embracing modern concepts of service, doing so at a cost far lower than national averages.
- The first county volunteer fire department in San Juan County were established in 1962.
- The volunteer fire department, along with the County Fire Marshal, were consolidated in 2001 to create the San Juan County Fire Department.
- San Juan County Fire Department is responsible for servicing more than 2,500 square miles.
- The department responds to more than 5,000 calls each year.
- 10 Districts
- 24 Stations
- 200+ Volunteers
- 100+ pieces of firefighting apparatus (Firetrucks)
- First Response Fire/Medical Services in conjunction with Paramedic Ambulances, first response for hazardous materials, fire suppression, wild-land firefighting and rescue services including water, high angle, search and rescue and vehicle extrication.
- Volunteer firefighters save the citizens of San Juan County more than $18 million each year.
- The Quarter Percent Fire Excise Tax money is used to operate the San Juan County Fire Department and the Ambulance Service.