HHW web 2019

Permits for Performing Road Work

In order to perform work in a San Juan County Right of Way, you must receive a permit from San Juan County. 
Use this map to find out if the road in question is maintained by San Juan County. San Juan County Road Map
20190627 090219
The process to receive a permit is simple and free.
Download and print the following form. Fill it out completely and remit the form to the San Juan County Public Works Department. 
Completed and signed applications may be remitted in one of the following ways:
  • Scanned and emailed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.,
  • Faxed to (505) 334-3645, 
  • Dropped off at or mailed to 305 S. Oliver, Aztec, NM 87410. 
Call San Juan County Public Works at (505) 334-4520 for questions, or if you would like to arrange another method of remittance of the completed application. 
Work done without a permit is subject to a fine of up to $300 dollars and 90 days in jail for each violation. San Juan County Ordinance 2 contains the requirement for permits and penalties for violation.
The San Juan County Road Policy contains the procedures for the orderly and uniform administration of the San Juan County Road system, as well as standards for design, construction, and maintenance of safe and durable roads. 

HHW 2020

HHW Social Media 2019
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
March 14, 2020
San Juan County Administration Building
100 S. Oliver Dr. Aztec, NM 98410
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Aztec | Bloomfield | Kirtland
San Juan County
Please bring proof of residency, waste from Farmington will not be accepted. 
Farmington residents please visit http://bit.ly/COFsanitation for information about curbside household hazardous waste pickup options.
OK to bring
Used Batteries
Light bulbs
Auto Fluids
Brake Fluid
Household cleaners
Gardening Chemicals
Weed killers
NOT Accepted 
Biomedical or Medical waste
Compressed gasses
55-gallon drums
Yard waste
Electronic Waste
Business or Industrial Waste
Industrial or business waste will be turned away. 
Appliances can be dropped off, for free, at county solid waste transfer stations. Refrigerators and freezers must have the door removed.  (More information HERE)
More information call (505) 334-7700
HHW Flyer 2019

ADC Online Lookup

Clean Up San Juan!

Trash Logo
Download the Clean Up San Juan App now!
Get it on Google Play    
It's easy to report an illegal dumpsite on public lands with the Clean Up San Juan App!
Just mark your coordinates, upload a photo, add your contact information if you wish to be contacted when it is cleaned up, and you are done!
See Snap Send
 Dumping trash on public lands is illegal in San Juan County and those found to be dumping are subject to a $1,000 fine. (SJC-4-3)


San Juan County Solid Waste operates 12 trash transfer stations throughout the county where residents can deposit trash for a small fee. The San Juan County Landfill also accepts waste for a nominal fee.

Find directions to transfer stations. pricing for dumping at transfer stations and information about the county landfill HERE.

trash 5    trash 5    trash 5    trash 5    trash 5