San Juan County Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
San Juan County is committed to the selection, development, and recognition of talented and motivated individuals. Selection will be made solely on the basis of merit, qualification and fitness without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or medical disability (unless such disability effectively prevents the performance of essential job functions required by the position).
Additionally, the County maintains an EEO program, which consists of the following:
- Periodic Review to ensure salary, benefits, training, and educational opportunities are relevant to the tasks performed.
- Training provided to County employees to ensure EEO compliance.
- Job Satisfaction Treatment for County employees to increase their skills and job potential through training and educational opportunities.
- Non-Discrimination Application of Policies to ensure that each employment action is administered in a fair and non-discriminatory basis.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations relating to EEO.
San Juan County offers a competitive benefits package for our regular status employees, that includes:
- Retirement with the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA). Mandatory participation with an individual account created that is filled with employee and employer contributions based on a percentage of salary and plan enrolled.
- Group health insurance plans available for enrollment include major medical, dental, vision, group basic life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and prescription medicine for employee and their eligible dependents. Short-term disability is available to the employee only.
- Vacation leave accrual earns at a rate of .0385 per hour for hourly or .308 per day for salaried up to 80 hours during the first five (5) years of employment.
- Sick leave accrual earns at a rate of 1.844 hours per each 40 hour week.
- Eleven (11) holidays are paid per calendar year.
- One (1) personal day of paid leave is received per calendar year.
Educational Assistance Program, training opportunities, Employee Assistance Program, Gym Membership Reimbursement Program, employee discount programs (tickets at work and perks), and supplemental benefits that employees have the option to elect.