The mission for the San Juan County Information Services Department is to assist the county's functionality utilizing the latest technologies including scalable network resources, centralized file-system services, client/server applications, web-based applications, integrated communications services, integrated web development, and comprehensive geographic and mapping technologies.
We strive to provide quality, timely, relevant, and cost effective support to all San Juan County offices.
- To create a technology-enabled community by which residents, businesses, local governments and employees can access relevant government information and value-added services at any time and from anywhere.
- To be an effective and efficient custodian of the information technology resources with which we have been entrusted.
- To provide consistent access to the existing information technology environment.
- To offer our skills and resources in support of the San Juan County staff by allowing them to realize their full potential through the use of information technology.
- To provide the resources necessary to gain skills that enable employees to access, process, maintain and communicate the information.
- To integrate the business of the county and the IS visions.
The Information Services Department provides hardware, software, and network connectivity to meet the information processing needs, and the retrieval and storage of data required for the continued functionality of the County. The IS Department maintains 51 servers, 1 mainframe, and approximately 800 pc's throughout the County. IS assists County offices in utilizing the latest technologies. Technical support for hardware is comprised of workstations, laptops, servers, switches, routers, IP Phones, and UPS's. Support of software includes third party applications, and data base applications written in-house. Other software support services are recommendations, installation, implementation, upgrades, development, training, and maintenance. IS responsibilities also include support of the Voice Over IP (VOIP) phone system, internet and e-mail access, the Local Area Network (LAN), the Wide Area Network (WAN), and the storage and accessibility and backup information entered and maintained by each County Department. IS is responsible for configuration, specifications, purchasing, deploying, redeploying functional equipment to less critical positions, and surplussing of workstations, laptops, servers, and UPS's throughout County offices. IS develops, houses, and maintains the County web site. IS maintains a graphic print shop for the creating and printing of various jobs including business cards, letterhead stationary, newsletters, brochures and flyers as well as multiple copies of the County's Strategic Plan, Financial Reports, and Bid Documents.
|Chief Information Officer||Deputy Chief Information Officer|
|Keith Lund||James Bean|