|Risk Management||County Ordinances||Opioid Litigation|
The Legal Department represents San Juan County, the Board of County Commissioners and County Elected Officials in legal matters and provides legal advice and assistance to the County Executive Officer and staff.
This Department Does
- Advise, represent and defend the Board of County Commissioners, its members, the County and its employees, and the elected officials and appointed officials before courts and administrative bodies.
- Advise and represent San Juan Water Commission, San Juan County Communication Authority and San Juan County Criminal Justice Training Authority.
- Provide legal services relating to County real estate transactions, bond issues, procurement, contracts, taxes, personnel, drafting and enforcing ordinances, and collecting any claims existing in favor of the County or its agencies.
This Department Does Not
- Provide legal services to individual employees on personal matters.
- Provide legal services to citizens on any matters.