|Public Works||Solid Waste Dump Stations||Fast Facts||Long Term Projects|
|Referral Listings||Shop and Sign Staff||County Road Policy||Recyclable Materials List|
- 86 full time employees
- 6 temporary employees (utilizes 15 trustees)
- Administration is responsible for preparing the Department's budgets, establishing goals and standards and documenting all activities of the Department.
- The Road Construction Crew has the primary responsibility for road construction and reconstruction, large drainage projects, heavy maintenance projects, and conducts the county clean up program.
- The Road Maintenance Crew has the responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance needs of the road system such as pot hole repair, culvert repair, cleaning of cattle guards and road grading.
- Road Shop provides repairs to and preventive maintenance for County vehicles and other types of powered equipment.
- Vector Control provides services to the community in adulticiding (spraying for mosquitoes), larviciding (the control of mosquito larva in ponds, ditches and standing water by minnows called gambusia), prairie dog eradication, sweeping and mowing along County Roads and weed control.
- Vector Control also is responsible for insect control throughout all County Buildings, including fire stations (a total of 65 buildings).
- Solid Waste is responsible for the operation and maintenance of 12 transfer stations. This division is responsible for hauling trash from these sites seven days a week. Utilizes trustee labor for litter control and road side maintenance.
- Traffic has the responsibility for maintenance of traffic control devices and work zone traffic control for construction and maintenance projects.
(Also 19 bridges)
|Commission District 1||91.16 miles||GloJean Todacheene|
|Commission District 2||452.86 miles||Margaret McDaniel|
|Commission District 3||126 miles||Scott Eckstein|
|Commission District 4||28.77 miles||Jack Fortner|
|Commission District 5||63.06 miles||Keith Johns|
Vehicles maintained - 391 light vehicles, 95 highway trucks, 59 pieces of heavy equipment.