211 S. Oliver, Aztec, NM 87410
It shall be the mission of the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office, in partnership with the community, to protect life and property in upholding the law in a fair and equal manner.
We will adapt to the community’s changing needs through proactive strategies and traditional police methods.
In our exercise of authority we will maintain a high level of integrity, professionalism, compassion, and dedication to service.
The San Juan County Sheriff’s office will continue to provide competent, professional services to the citizens and visitors of San Juan County and will strive to meet the needs and concerns of those we are sworn to serve and protect.
The San Juan Sheriff's Office is responsible for Administration, Civil Process, Patrol, Animal Control, Background Checks, Police Reports & Hiring.
For more information on San Juan County's Sheriff's Office, please visit www.sjcso.com
|County Sheriff||County Undersheriff|
|Shane Ferrari||Cory Tanner|
|Contact Me||Contact Me|
- 102 Certified & Commissioned Law Enforcement Personnel.
- 26 Civilian Employees
- 2 Animal Control Officers.
- Participates in the Region II Narcotics Task Force along with members of the Farmington Police Department and assorted federal agencies have full-time personnel assigned to Region II.
- Has 2 Helicopters and contracted pilots at its disposal. Use of the helicopters is offered to all public safety agencies.
- The Sheriff's Office has a well trained "Special Response Team" (SRT) for use in high-risk missions such as barricaded subjects, hostage situations, and fugitive apprehensions.