A San Juan County Kennel License is required for anyone who is in the unincorporated areas of the county and keeps more than 3 dogs or 5 cats.
To obtain a Kennel License, contact San Juan County Animal Control at (505) 334-6622 to arrange for an inspection of your premises.
If your facility is approved you will need to do the following:
- The Animal Control Officer will sign your application.
- Bring the signed application to the County Clerk's Office.
- Pay the fee to obtain a Kennel license:
- $20.00 for Multiple Pet Permit
- $50.00 for Breeder Permit
A kennel license is good for one year and must be renewed on a yearly basis.