FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON the coronavirus and COVID-19 with local, state and national resources, click here.
The San Juan County office of Emergency Management has been engaged with other local stakeholders to plan and prepare for the outbreak of coronavirus in the Four Corners since late 2019. The Office of Emergency Management remains active in coordinating local response agencies and others in response to the worldwide pandemic.
The Mission of the San Juan County Office of Emergency Management is to provide a comprehensive and coordinated emergency management program that will enhance public safety and reduce the loss of lives and property. The San Juan County Office of Emergency Management aspires to achieve a proactive, risk-based program, which will increase operational efficiency during mass emergency and disasters situations by:
- Providing reliable, state-of-the-art emergency communication systems within the county
- Maintaining an effective floodplain management program that reduces flood loss and reduces the cost of National Flood Insurance premiums
- Assisting local agencies with training
- Coordinating a yearly Disaster Exercise giving local industry professionals and response agencies the chance to work together
- Maintaining the Emergency Operations Plan, Mitigation Plan, and all other Federal Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency documentation