The Human Resources Department is committed to fostering a favorable work experience for employees while reducing the County’s exposure to liability by serving as a valuable and reliable source of expertise and support for employees and management at all levels. The department is also committed to maintaining the maximum level of benefit packaging available while considering the cost to both the employee and the County.
The San Juan County Human Resources Department strives to serve as a successful processing center in order to attract and retain the best qualified and diverse workforce based on the disposition of fair treatment, personal development, recognition, and competitive compensation. The department desires to be the foundation for stability, training, and service to its employees and the organizational structure.
San Juan County is committed to the selection, development, and recognition of talented and motivated individuals. Selection will be made solely on the basis of merit, qualification and fitness without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or medical disability (unless such disability effectively prevents the performance of essential job functions required by the position).
Additionally, the County maintains an EEO program, which consists of the following:
- Periodic Review to ensure salary, benefits, training, and educational opportunities are relevant to the tasks performed.
- Training provided to County employees to ensure EEO compliance.
- Job Satisfaction Treatment for County employees to increase their skills and job potential through training and educational opportunities.
- Non-Discrimination Application of Policies to ensure that each employment action is administered in a fair and non-discriminatory basis.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations relating to EEO.
Thank you for your interest in employment with San Juan County! Our employees are our greatest asset!
See open positions below or click here: Employment Opportunities
- All applications must be completed online prior to the closing date.
- The County accepts applications for open positions only. All resumes must accompany a completed application.
Questions & Answers About Employment at San Juan County