The mission of the Safety department can be summoned up as follows: protect and continually improve the safety and health of the employees; foster employee participation throughout the entire county; conformance with the County’s safety and health requirements to the point where safety becomes second nature; compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
For San Juan County, Safety will become second nature, not a second thought. Once an employee or citizen steps foot on County property, everyone will know we value the safety of each individual life.
The main responsibility of the Safety Department is to manage and enforce the County's safety program. OSHA identifies four elements of safety management
- Management, leadership, and employee involvement
- Worksite analysis
- Hazard prevention
- Safety and health training
To accomplish our vision of making safety second nature and not a second thought, the safety department follows these four areas of safety management in order to implement an effective safety program. Recognizing that each departments safety needs are different, assessments of each department will determine the safety needs of each individual department. From those assessments, the safety department will assist each department in meeting its safety and health needs.
San Juan County Safety Policy Statement
San Juan County strives to provide efficient services to the community while assuring and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions for its employees. To that end, it is incumbent upon the Safety Manager to implement and enforce safety practices and procedures that safeguard both employees and the public.
The County's goal is to protect the human, capital, and financial resources to the maximum extent possible from adverse consequences. We will work toward reducing and/or eliminating losses that result in employee injuries, vehicular accidents, and damage to facilities and property.
Material Safety Data Sheets
- 17003 FLAT BLACK
- AirLift Smoke and Odor Eliminator Bulk
- Automatic Dishwashing Detergent Powder Cascade
- Battery Fluid Acid
- Brady Lemon Oil Furniture Polish
- Brakleen Brake Parts Cleaner aerosol
- Cirrus Odour Counteractant Gels -Sassy Citrus Berry Cherry
- Concentrated Window Cleaner
- CR7950 Newsletter - Sept 2012
- Damp Mop
- Demkote Aerosol Fluorescents
- Dial Liquid Soap Antimicrobial
- DMQ Damp Mop Neutral Disinfectant Cleaner
- Duracell Procell Professional Alkaline Batteries
- Dust Destroyer
- FLOURESCENT ORANGE SPRAY
- Fresh Scent Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Germicidal Cleaner Country Fresh Scent
- Glass cleaner