The mission of the Safety department can be summoned up as follows: protect and continually improve the safety and health of the employees; foster employee participation throughout the entire county; conformance with the County’s safety and health requirements to the point where safety becomes second nature; compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
For San Juan County, Safety will become second nature, not a second thought. Once an employee or citizen steps foot on County property, everyone will know we value the safety of each individual life.
The main responsibility of the Safety Department is to manage and enforce the County's safety program. OSHA identifies four elements of safety management
- Management, leadership, and employee involvement
- Worksite analysis
- Hazard prevention
- Safety and health training
To accomplish our vision of making safety second nature and not a second thought, the safety department follows these four areas of safety management in order to implement an effective safety program. Recognizing that each departments safety needs are different, assessments of each department will determine the safety needs of each individual department. From those assessments, the safety department will assist each department in meeting its safety and health needs.
San Juan County Safety Policy Statement
San Juan County strives to provide efficient services to the community while assuring and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions for its employees. To that end, it is incumbent upon the Safety Manager to implement and enforce safety practices and procedures that safeguard both employees and the public.
The County's goal is to protect the human, capital, and financial resources to the maximum extent possible from adverse consequences. We will work toward reducing and/or eliminating losses that result in employee injuries, vehicular accidents, and damage to facilities and property.
Material Safety Data Sheets
- SD-20 All Purpose Cleaner Bulk
- Service Pro all makes all models prediluted univeral formula anitfreeze coolant 50-50
- Service Pro Extra Premium Motor Oil 15W-40
- Service Pro Premium 80W-90 Gear Oil
- Service Pro Premium ATF Dexron III Mercon
- Service Pro Premium EP2 Lithium Grease
- Service Pro Premium EP-2 Lithium Grease
- Service Pro Premium Hydraulic Oil AW 32
- Service Pro Premium Motor Oil SAE 10w-30
- Service Pro Premium Motor Oil syn. Blend SAE 5w20
- Service Pro Premium Motor Oil Syn. Blend SAE 5w-30
- Service Pro Premium Multi Purpose ATF
- Service Pro Premium Single-Viscosity Motor Oil Heavy Duty SAE 30
- Service Pro Premium Single-Viscosity Motor Oil Heavy Duty SAE 40
- Service Pro Premium Tractor Hydraulic Fluid
- Snap DOT 3 Brake Fluid
- Snap Starting Fluid
- Suntan Lotion