Welcome to San Juan County’s application process!
San Juan County is committed to the selection, development and recognition of talented, motivated and dedicated individuals. The County respects and values its diverse workforce and strives to provide a workplace that is safe, productive, satisfying and that which challenges employees to achieve their highest potential. We invite you to explore our entire website to discover the rewarding opportunities provided to those working in the public sector in serving their community. It is our hope that you find the application process to be easily accessible. Please don’t hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department at 505-334-4522 if you have any questions or need assistance.
To apply for a current vacancy listed below:
- Apply online by clicking on the title of the position that is of interest to you for details of the position; then click “Apply”.
- First time applicants must create an account in order to gain access to the online application form. You will need a username, password and working email address to create your account. IMPORTANT: Make a note of your username and password to access the system in the future. Your information will be saved on a secure site so that you do not need to enter your application information again if/when you apply for future job openings. However, you must update your information (i.e. the work experience section of the application) each time you submit a new application. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
- Submit or upload letters of interest and resumes; college degrees and/or transcripts; and official documents (certificates, licenses, etc.)
- Your detailed work history is required on the application. Resumes submitted in lieu of an application will not be accepted; however, a resume may be electronically attached to the online application. “See resume” is not an acceptable response under the “Work Experience” section. An application containing this response may be deemed incomplete. Incomplete applications may be rejected. It is in your best interest to complete the application in its entirety providing truthful, detailed, relevant information so that you can be assigned full credit toward meeting the qualifications of the position.
- If you have questions, click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
San Juan County conducts background criminal history check and driving history check for all candidates recommended for hire. Because of insurance requirements, individuals who have been convicted of a DUI within the last three years are ineligible for hire. The results of criminal history checks may disqualify a candidate from further consideration. For all positions the County requires that the applicant possess (or have the ability to obtain) a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Need help? If you encounter problems with the submission of an online application or don’t have access to a computer, we encourage you to contact the Human Resources Department located at 305 S. Oliver Drive in Aztec, NM 87410 or call 505-334-4522 Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You may also call the NeoGov customer service hotline at 855-524-5627.
Thank you for your interest in employment with San Juan County. We look forward to receiving your application, and wish you the best of luck with your job search.
San Juan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* * New Application Program* *
San Juan County is moving to a new application system to post job openings, accept applications and applicant information. This new system will be in place on June 18th.
If you have applied in the past with San Juan County or have used the on-line application system “NeoGov” for other government positions,
your information will not be available for San Juan County job postings beginning June 18th.
You will be required to fill in all the requested information and to reattach any additional information in the new application system.
Click here for current openings