Permits for Performing Road Work

In order to perform work in a San Juan County Right of Way, you must receive a permit from San Juan County. 
Use this map to find out if the road in question is maintained by San Juan County. San Juan County Road Map
20190627 090219
The process to receive a permit is simple and free.
Download and print the following form. Fill it out completely and remit the form to the San Juan County Public Works Department. 
Completed and signed applications may be remitted in one of the following ways:
  • Scanned and emailed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.,
  • Faxed to (505) 334-3645, 
  • Dropped off at or mailed to 305 S. Oliver, Aztec, NM 87410. 
Call San Juan County Public Works at (505) 334-4520 for questions, or if you would like to arrange another method of remittance of the completed application. 
Work done without a permit is subject to a fine of up to $300 dollars and 90 days in jail for each violation. San Juan County Ordinance 2 contains the requirement for permits and penalties for violation.
The San Juan County Road Policy contains the procedures for the orderly and uniform administration of the San Juan County Road system, as well as standards for design, construction, and maintenance of safe and durable roads. 
San Juan County Public Works
(505) 334-4520
Fax: (505) 334-3645
305 S. Oliver Dr., Aztec, NM 87410

PorellNickSmall 1

Nick Porell
Contact Me